• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd party pfa violation??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whatisthat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I tried to text a friend I haven't talked to in a while. Turned out he doesn't have the same cell. His wife/ex wife/son has it now. I apologized for my error and went about my day. since then I've gotten missed calls (i didn't answer) many texts (some vulgar) from them. I've apologized again and told them to leave me alone. they responded that I'm a 3rd party pfa violation and thanked me. what is that and am i in trouble for anything?? ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I tried to text a friend I haven't talked to in a while. Turned out he doesn't have the same cell. His wife/ex wife/son has it now. I apologized for my error and went about my day. since then I've gotten missed calls (i didn't answer) many texts (some vulgar) from them. I've apologized again and told them to leave me alone. they responded that I'm a 3rd party pfa violation and thanked me. what is that and am i in trouble for anything?? ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You would not be in trouble for anything. However, if they are trying to claim that you are a third party pfa violator then they could be trying to get your friend in trouble.

whatisthat

You would not be in trouble for anything. However, if they are trying to claim that you are a third party pfa violator then they could be trying to get your friend in trouble.
Great... all I wanted to do was say hi to the poor guy and I may have helped get him into trouble!??

LdiJ

Great... all I wanted to do was say hi to the poor guy and I may have helped get him into trouble!??
Its not guaranteed that you did. You did apologize and you did make it clear that you didn't mean to contact the wrong person. Your friend can also argue that since they have a phone number that used to be his that its not unexpected that they would receive some contact from someone trying to reach him.

If you have any alternative methods to contact your friend you might do so, and apologize and offer to testify in court if needed.

whatisthat

Its not guaranteed that you did. You did apologize and you did make it clear that you didn't mean to contact the wrong person. Your friend can also argue that since they have a phone number that used to be his that its not unexpected that they would receive some contact from someone trying to reach him.

If you have any alternative methods to contact your friend you might do so, and apologize and offer to testify in court if needed.
I actually just spoke to my friend. He said she's being very spiteful right now (obviously!) I did offer to cooperate in any way I can for him and explained to him what happened. Apparently she called him earlier this evening trying to say we have had some seedy affair going on all along....and that she's going to have phone records supeonaed (spelling?). Which is fine with me... will only prove that my phone has not had contact one way or the other with his phone in a LONG time. My friend assured me that after speaking with his lawyer about the issue (just in case) that neither he nor I will be in trouble for the honest mistake.

Oh, and she questioned if I was considering pressing phone harrassment charges against her...that she's worried since I know her name, address, and phone number already (she still only knows my number)... LOL... I don't have any interest in pressing charges... just want the whole ordeal to be over!!

Thanks for your advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">