• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding father to Birth Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alyshahurd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY state (not city)

I want to add my biological father to my birth certificate. I am 23, father is deceased but there was a paternity test done in 1986 proving that he was my father. Would I have to go through vital statistics to get his name on my birth certificate? What would I need to do this? Would I need a lawyer? Would be be expensive to do(ie any fees besides just getting a new b.c. and the paternity test results?) Any help would be great! :)

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY state (not city)

I want to add my biological father to my birth certificate. I am 23, father is deceased but there was a paternity test done in 1986 proving that he was my father. Would I have to go through vital statistics to get his name on my birth certificate? What would I need to do this? Would I need a lawyer? Would be be expensive to do(ie any fees besides just getting a new b.c. and the paternity test results?) Any help would be great! :)

Was that paternity test court-ordered or accepted by the court? (yep, it does matter)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">