+ Reply to Thread
    gippy55 is offline Junior Member

Adding a Father's Name to a Birth Certificate

What is the name of your state? FL

I have a son who I named using the last name of his biological father on his birth certificate. I was never married to his father and he did not put his name on my son's birth certificate nor does he support my son. I'm back with my first husband now who has been raising and caring for my son and he wants to be named as my son's father on his birth certificate and we want to change his last name so it will be the same as ours. Can I add his name to my child's birth certificate and then change my child's last name to his?
    youarentmyboss Guest

you both know hubby isnt child's father

Quote Originally Posted by gippy55 View Post
    What is the name of your state? FL

I have a son who I named using the last name of his biological father on his birth certificate. I was never married to his father and he did not put his name on my son's birth certificate nor does he support my son. I'm back with my first husband now who has been raising and caring for my son and he wants to be named as my son's father on his birth certificate and we want to change his last name so it will be the same as ours. Can I add his name to my child's birth certificate and then change my child's last name to his?
    does the word fraud mean anything to you? you cannot add your husband's name to your son's bc, you both know he isnt the father. if you want your husband to be the legal father, he can adopt him, but you will need the bio father's permission. you will also need the bio father's permission to change the child's last name. but dont add hubbys name to the bc, youre asking for trouble.
    gippy55 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your assistant. Fraud was never my intention. I just didn't know where to start or what I needed to do. I will look into a legal adoption.