• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding a "title" to your name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irishwarrior58

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
I bought a regal title from the internet and I would like to know if I need to have a legal change of name to use the title SIR in front of my name, as well as getting my license and Soc. Sec card changed to reflect the title?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
I bought a regal title from the internet and I would like to know if I need to have a legal change of name to use the title SIR in front of my name, as well as getting my license and Soc. Sec card changed to reflect the title?
Hail, knight of the woeful countenance!

Neither my license nor my Soc Sec card have my title on it. (Mr.)

I suspect you'll need to legally change your first name to Sir to reflect the change.

ecmst12

Curious why you think you have to BUY this title in order to change your name. Since that's not a recognized title in this country, there isn't any regulation on who uses it. Though everyone will think you're pretentious :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">