• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption by stepfather in ny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bunny55

I have sole custody of my 2 children with no visitation rights set up for the biological father. The children ages 13 and 9 want to be adoptd by my new husband of a year and a half who has been their emotional and financial male caregiver. i do at times get 50 dollars a month in child support but have had to go to court twice to get it enforced. the biological father has not seen them in 2 years and the children are afraid of him and dont want contact. He has been arrested several times and has a drug problem. Can this happen even if he was to fight it?

U

Ukiah

bunny55 said:
Can this happen even if he was to fight it?
You can attempt to have your husband adopt the children, but you won't know what the father will do until you actually serve him and go to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">