• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

london325

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Please help. I will listed to your advice.
Can I anonymously ask for two parents to resign from PTA? Both had spouses. Email evidence written from computers at school. Very immature relationship. Trysts after school PTA meetings. One is going through divorce, should I show the emails to the wife to help her? These emails were left open on school computer. Chains dating back 2 1/1 years. If I were the wife I would want to know. What is right?

If I were the other parents I would want to know too that the PTA president is sending obscene and dirty tects/emails to husbands and coming onto them at meetings, after meeting get-togethers, which eventually led to longterm affair. I would want to know that this man accepted the behavior. And knowing this, I would not want them running our school with their school funds.

Can I drop these emails anonymously? Send to PTA board and ask for resignation, so no one gets exposed or embarrassed? I am not a hateful person or gossip starter. I have known about this for months and haven't know what to do. Sure, stay out of other people's business. But what about their ethics? their Spouses? Their lack of consideration for the positions they were elected to do. But were using as cover for affairs?

I would want to know, if I were the other spouses. As a parent and school staff, I find it disappointing and a very sad let-down.
When this happens in politics, it doesn't affect me. - When this happens to parents I know? I hurt for them.
It's hitting too close to home?

Best advice please.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Can I anonymously ask for two parents to resign from PTA? Both had spouses. Email evidence written from computers at school. Very immature relationship. Trysts after school PTA meetings. One is going through divorce, should I show the emails to the wife to help her? These emails were left open on school computer. Chains dating back 2 1/1 years. If I were the wife I would want to know. What is right?

If I were the other parents I would want to know too that the PTA president is sending obscene and dirty tects/emails to husbands and coming onto them at meetings, after meeting get-togethers, which eventually led to longterm affair. I would want to know that this man accepted the behavior. And knowing this, I would not want them running our school with their school funds.

Can I drop these emails anonymously? Send to PTA board and ask for resignation, so no one gets exposed or embarrassed? I am not a hateful person or gossip starter. I have known about this for months and haven't know what to do. Sure, stay out of other people's business. But what about their ethics? their Spouses? Their lack of consideration for the positions they were elected to do. But were using as cover for affairs?

I would want to know, if I were the other spouses. As a parent and school staff, I find it disappointing and a very sad let-down.
When this happens in politics, it doesn't affect me. - When this happens to parents I know? I hurt for them.

Best advice please.
My best advice? Mind your own business. Their affair has nothing to do with you, and nothing to do with how they perform their roles in the PTA.

You are not the ethics police, and you ARE trying to use this as a gossip starter, no matter what you may otherwise claim.

Proserpina

Best advice please.

You're NOT the other parents. Keep out of it.

Eekamouse

Why is it any of your concern? Has their affair caused anything negative to occur for the school? Why did you snoop through the email account instead of just closing it when you found it open?

Proserpina

Wouldn't it be a hoot if all of the other members had uh.."open"..relationships, swapped with each other all the time and our OP is simply not in the know because s/he has been excluded from all of the fun?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Wouldn't it be a hoot if all of the other members had uh.."open"..relationships, swapped with each other all the time and our OP is simply not in the know because s/he has been excluded from all of the fun?
Isn't that what the PTA is supposed to be about? :p

single317dad

I want to tell you all a story 'bout a Harper Valley widowed wife
Who had a teenage daughter who attended Harper Valley Junior High
Well her daughter came home one afternoon and didn't even stop to play
She said, "Mom, I got a note here from the Harper Valley P.T.A."
The note said, "Mrs. Johnson, you're wearing your dresses way too high
It's reported you've been drinking and a-runnin' 'round with men and going wild
And we don't believe you ought to be bringing up your little girl this way"
It was signed by the secretary, Harper Valley P.T.A.
Well, it happened that the P.T.A. was gonna meet that very afternoon
They were sure surprised when Mrs. Johnson wore her mini-skirt into the room
And as she walked up to the blackboard, I still recall the words she had to say
She said, "I'd like to address this meeting of the Harper Valley P.T.A."
Well, there's Bobby Taylor sittin' there and seven times he's asked me for a date
Mrs. Taylor sure seems to use a lot of ice whenever he's away
And Mr. Baker, can you tell us why your secretary had to leave this town?
And shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep her window shades all pulled completely down?
Well, Mr. Harper couldn't be here 'cause he stayed too long at Kelly's Bar again
And if you smell Shirley Thompson's breath, you'll find she's had a little nip of gin
Then you have the nerve to tell me you think that as a mother I'm not fit
Well, this is just a little Peyton Place and you're all Harper Valley hypocrites
No I wouldn't put you on because it really did, it happened just this way
The day my Mama socked it to the Harper Valley P.T.A.

cyjeff

Wait....

How do you still have possession of these emails? Did you really send them to yourself or print them? Why would you believe you have the right to read someone else's email just because it was left up and open? Why would you believe that reading, printing and/or forwarding these emails without the owner's express written prior consent to be legal?

On a personal note, how much time did you spent reading through someone else's email account when you found it open? 3 hours, 4?

You don't want to start gossip but feel okay spending an afternoon (and I hope the state wasn't paying for this time you were spending on your little hunt) reading someone else's mail.

Yes, the account was left open. You did not have the right to read anything... and should have shut down the account. Finding an open email account does not give you the right to read every email. That is roughly akin to arguing that it was okay for the burglar to walk through your house because the door was unlocked.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">