• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age of consent in TX.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loriagarcia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am a concerned mom. My daughter is 9 years older than her 17 year old boyfriend. He is not emancipated, but has been on his own living in a foster home, with his mom, and mostly with whatever friend's mom that will take him in for awhile. He is getting a TX ID (never had one from CA) and can not get back into school here, so is planning on going to work full time, and will take the HS grad test when he turns 18 next NOV. His mom does not know where he is or will be and does not care since she collects welfare benefits and food stamps foor him-her only concern is losing those benefits. She willingly let him leave CA to go to be with my daughter last summer, and had no idea who she was, where she lived, etc. She was aware of her age though. She knew what city and what state-and called him there. He had lied to us, telling us he was 20. When they came to TX, I persued getting him an ID and through long tear-filled trials, found out that he was only 16 (at the time). I immediately contacted his mom and sent him back to CA-believing her when she told me that he has a good homelife. Now that I know differently, and he is now 17-I am willing to let him come back here to give him a chance to get a better life. Are there any legal ramifications for me in doing this????

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am a concerned mom. My daughter is 9 years older than her 17 year old boyfriend. He is not emancipated, but has been on his own living in a foster home, with his mom, and mostly with whatever friend's mom that will take him in for awhile. He is getting a TX ID (never had one from CA) and can not get back into school here, so is planning on going to work full time, and will take the HS grad test when he turns 18 next NOV. His mom does not know where he is or will be and does not care since she collects welfare benefits and food stamps foor him-her only concern is losing those benefits. She willingly let him leave CA to go to be with my daughter last summer, and had no idea who she was, where she lived, etc. She was aware of her age though. She knew what city and what state-and called him there. He had lied to us, telling us he was 20. When they came to TX, I persued getting him an ID and through long tear-filled trials, found out that he was only 16 (at the time). I immediately contacted his mom and sent him back to CA-believing her when she told me that he has a good homelife. Now that I know differently, and he is now 17-I am willing to let him come back here to give him a chance to get a better life. Are there any legal ramifications for me in doing this????
Why is your 26 YO daughter interested in a legal child?

Just Blue

oriagarcia
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2009

Age of consent in TX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Hey Blue-in response to your question-I am not one to question my daughter's selection. My ex husband (we were married over 10 years) was 16 years younger than me. He was 20 when we married though. As for her, in observing them together I see a genuine love relationship. She was very upset when we found out the truth, obviously, but the age is not seeming to make a difference in the way they feel. They both show a considerable amount of love, understanding, caring, and mutual consideration for the well-being of each other. My daughter loves him, he loves her-at least that is what they say, and their actions back that up. Still looking for answers. Thanks.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">