• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amendment to a petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrswiggly6

Amendment to a petition,

I have filed a petition through the Georgia courts for change in custody of my oldest son, which is fifteen. I want to amend the petition. But don't know exactly how to do this. The case is still pending for final hearing. I have gained temporary custody of my son. On the temporary the order states we have joint legal custody and I have physical custody. There is another child involved and in the orginal divorce decree it gives her legal and physical custody of both children. I would like to ask for the other child for us to have joint legal custody for both children. I would like to have excess to school records, medical records etc.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, you can file an amendment to the original Petition prior to final orders being signed. You do so by filing and serving a new Petition form with the check box checked that says, "Amendment", and include the new information along with all of the information contained in the original Petition.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">