• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are any lawyers out there besides IAAL and LegalBeagle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jj'smom

Are there any other lawyers out there who can help us individuals seeking information without getting belittled? It seems that when those of us who are frustrated with the system ask a question, and inadvertedly sound very, very frustrated or emotional, there are lawyers who answer us disrespectfully. Is there anyone out there who can be compassionate and helpful at the same time ?????

When people like me come to a forum like this, it is usually out of despair and not knowing what to do. It is difficult enough to try to explain our situation. But to receive messages from "smartasses" who don't want to help but just contribute some commentary that belittles us is un called for.

Please, to all lawyers and seasoned paralegals, etc who have the ability to help us in need, please answer and with compassion.

Thank you in advance.

G

Grandma B

You know, I recall reading various threads where IAAL spent a great deal of time and energy assisting you and, by the way, treating you quite nicely.

It was only when you butted in on another's thread and got smartmouthed with him that he nudged you a bit. Then, next time you came looking for help, he simply reposted his earlier response instead of assisting you again.

And yes, there are a few lawyers besides IAAL and LegalBeagle out there, but if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath until you get one to respond. You've pretty much blown any chance you had for assistance here.

Maybe your new best friend,MV will help you out. Interesting how you pulled her old thread out of nowhere to start all of this over again.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sorry. You cut yourself off.

Unfortunately for yourself, you decided to become involved in something that was none of your concern. Now, you'll have to obtain your information in some other manner.

We all make choices in life, and you chose to become involved to the point of alienating yourself from me, and from those others here, who could have helped you.

You could have had an answer by now. Since I give of my time and knowledge for free, my choice is not to assist you.

You made your choice and, in my opinion, it was the wrong choice.

IAAL

J

jj'smom

lol at you

I see there is yet another person with no life and nothing in the way of advice either. this site is YOUR pedistool to sit on so go forward. To those of you looking for good advice..... good luck finding it in here

LegalBeagle

Re: lol at you

jj'smom said:
I see there is yet another person with no life and nothing in the way of advice either. this site is YOUR pedistool to sit on so go forward. To those of you looking for good advice..... good luck finding it in here
and this just shows your ignorance.. MANY people leave here with great legal advice and help.. but then again, they know how to be nice to people who give their free time to help.

U

Ukiah

Re: lol at you

jj'smom said:
If you're so dissatisfied here then go to your "other" forums and get the advice you need. I have gotten alot of great advice from everyone here, but then I haven't overstepped my bounds with the only people who could help me.

I believe that IAAL, LB and the others are very compassionate, and know they are very helpful, they do not have to sit there every day and help others for free, they could have their own websites and charge for their advice, but they don't and I for one are greatful for it. without them this board wouldn't have much "legal" knowledge presented on it. It would be personal experiences in court, and alot of heresay. So if I were you, instead of sucking up to a crybaby like MV, you should consider apologizing to those who can help you.

Of course you will have better chances at getting results if you do your own research, because I doubt anyone will help you.

J

jj'smom

your suggestion to get advice somewhere else

you are right. Anyone who really needs good advice should get it somewhere else. I have seen and experienced a lot of ridicule and errogance on this site and would like to warn everyone who is brousing this site to be carfull not to expect any compasion from the three main responders in this forum. Even when honest hearted members try to respond to each other, people such as IAAM and LEGALBEAGLE send rude comments to them to belittle them so they can have their soap box to cry out from.

HomeGuru

Dear writer: when you are visiting "somewhere else" please take some time off and learn how to spell.

Thank you.

J

jj'smom

And I thought this was legal advice. I guess I missed your typing class

H

HumorMe!

You are right, jj's mom. This is a legal advice board. A cut the crap, this is exactly how it works, don't screw around with your future, legal advice board. If you want sympathy or support, there are numerous boards out there for that.

I was in the same boat as you once. Angry, frustrated and bitter. Guess what? A very irritated volunteer at the information desk at the courthouse chewed me out and explained that she was trying to help me and I shouldn't be getting pissy with her. She was right. And I apologized. Sincerely.

Have a nice day and a laugh on me!

hm

Three guys went into business for themselves.

Said the first, "I put up sixty-five percent of the capital, so I'm the president and chairman of the board."

"I put up thirty percent of the money," said the second, "so I'm appointing myself vice president, secretary and treasurer."

"Well I put up five percent," pointed out the third partner. "What's that make me?"

The chairman said, "I'm appointing you vice president of violence and music."

"That sounds mighty fine," said the third man, "but what does it mean?"

"It means that when I want your bloody advice, I'll whistle."

M

MarianneV

I rest my case....

I started out asking a question. No disrespect, no bad intentions. What I received was rude, dehumanizing responses. If everyone had read my "desperate.." posting (the first one) they would see that this is true.

So, jj'smom, regardless of the spelling one is criticizing here, regardless of what the others are saying, (by the way, IAAL is not an attorney, only 4 years of college, by it's own admission) I appreciate your help and your kind words. As far as compassion from attorneys, that is part of their job. Just like a doctor who should be compassionate, so should an attorney or anyone in the public service. If not, they should go into something else and not deal with the public. I am not going to get into another match for my case has now been proven by the comments you are now receiving here. Instead of professionals addressing issues, they choose to belittle and dehumanize. If their precious time is being wasted, (because they volunteer) then they should only respond to those they can possibly be human with. Yes, these that critize have helped others, but they have also shown their unprofessional side as well. I believe perhaps when they choose, they are on PMS or perhaps something else to suggest these mood swings. I wouldn't respond any further jj'smom, don't lower yourself to their level. You are a wonderful person, and so are the others that truly want to help, not dehumanize, abuse or criticize others as these commentors have done. As far as going to another site, yes, there are others out there, but it is a free country (unless something has changed that I am unaware), so stay, we need people like you here to undo the negative these others have done. We need more people to point out the unbelievable responses given to those in need. Thank you so much for your kind words.....and understanding, I believe you are the true professional on this posting.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the heart" - Shakespeare

H

HumorMe!

Quick! Nobody look! Her slip is showing! :p I do believe you are mixing IAAL up with another poster who states he is in school.

Actually, IAAL's response was NOT dehumanizing. Did he question whether you were human in any way? Did he imply you were a dog (whether female or not)?

Oh, and by the way, if you want 'professional' advice, you have to pay for it. Because that is all professional means (vs amateur). They got paid! :)

I was an amateur cut up for years... Then I got paid to be a clown at a birthday party! Now I'm a professional cut up! :p

hm

LAWS WOMEN LIVE BY

* Don't imagine you can change a man - unless he's in diapers.

* What do you do if your boyfriend walks-out? You shut the door.

* If they put a man on the moon - they should be able to put them all up there.

* Never let your man's mind wander - it's too little to be out alone.

* Go for younger men. You might as well - they never mature anyway.

* Definition of a bachelor; a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable.

* Women don't make fools of men - most of them are the do-it-yourself types.

* Best way to get a man to do something, is to suggest they are too old for it.

* Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes; it means that you laugh at his.

* Sadly, all men are created equal.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response to Marianne V:

My dear Marriane, you have no idea what you're talking about. You said, "IAAL is not an attorney, 4 years of college by his own admission".

You're an idiot, I never said 4 years of college; I said, 4 years of law school.

It's 4 years of law school, not 6. That was the program. Unless you're going part-time, of course. But, I never went to law school part-time.

In 1980, I graduated from Stanford Law, in California, and became admitted to the California Bar in the same year. You know, Standford College, that very expensive and prestigious college where YOU could never have gone.

I've been a lawyer now for 21 years. If you look at my profile, you'll also notice that I am currently, and have been for 5 years, a Professor of Law at a very well-known Los Angeles law school, teaching Civil Procedure.

I also have a 3-partner law firm in Los Angeles. I am the Senior Partner. As such, and because I am the "Captain of the Ship", I am well and able, both from a time standpoint, and from a very comfortable financial standpoint, to take time to write on these Boards, or to do whatever else I damn well please. I don't need to work. I have plenty of my own money, and after 21 years, I hire other people to do the work . . . and I still make money; lots of it.

So, if you want to play one-ups with me, you've got a long way to go. Remember, you're the one in trouble, not me. My life is wonderful !

IAAL

P.S. Did you ever get help with your "problem" ? You know, the one you wrote about here, but will never obtain a response to from this Board ? You're obviously a very troubled person if you keep coming back to these Boards - - like I said, "psychotic".

Oh, and I see your "reporting me" got you real far, didn't it ?

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 03-07-2001 at 01:47 PM]

HomeGuru

IAAL, I saw your name written on the freeadvice blackboard. You were reported but ya know what happened.

J

jj'smom

IAAL'S SOAPBOX

IAAL

Your last post shows your arrogance and your need to be validated. You are obviously insecure and need to belittle others in order for you to feel grand. Are you short too. Maybe it's the small man syndrome. Do you have very small hands and feet as well??????????

So you have lots of money and people work for you and you still makes lots of money. So you make money off other's hard work and sweat. Well I can see that. But who the hell care how much money you have. I don't. Sorry, I didn't get impressed. Was I supposed to? boohoohoo Do you want a tissue? Too bad freeadvice is IAAL'S personal soapbox. Too bad they just couldn't delete him off this forum. Well, this forum seems big enough to accomodate IAAL'S ego and ALL of his posts and all of his cronies to boot.

Keep going. This is entertaining. The posts don't take long to download with my ISDN line so keep it coming folks. I'll get my help somewhere else like I have already done so. I want to see how low this professional gets. ;0)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">