• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal a judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeontsc

I have a judgement in family court in California, I have tried to find some info on appealing the judgement. Any help would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jeontsc said:
I have a judgement in family court in California, I have tried to find some info on appealing the judgement. Any help would be appreciated.
My response:

You've got ten days from the date of Judgment to file and serve a Notice of Appeal. If you don't, you can forget about it.

Go to a law school law library and read the books on appellate practice.

IAAL

U

Ukiah

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
jeontsc said:
My response:

You've got ten days from the date of Judgment to file and serve a Notice of Appeal. If you don't, you can forget about it.

Go to a law school law library and read the books on appellate practice.

IAAL
10 days Really? That fake that I chose to represent me told me almost a month after the final decision that I had 30 days to appeal.

What's the statute of limitations on reporting this "atty" to the board?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I said 10 days to file and serve a "Notice" of Appeal; not the appeal itself.

Once you serve Notice, then you have 30 days to actually file your Appellate Brief.

Don't get the two confused.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">