• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ashes to ashes...I suppose.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NellieBly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ME? FL? Not sure.

My brother passed away in 1994. His wife buried him where they lived, in FL. Not long after, she remarried...twice.

Fast forward to the present. She recently offered to move his ashes to our family plot in ME.

Does she still have jurisdiction over his remains? They had three children, now adults.

Really, I think she wants to scam money off my mom, but it would be interesting to know.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ME? FL? Not sure.

My brother passed away in 1994. His wife buried him where they lived, in FL. Not long after, she remarried...twice.

Fast forward to the present. She recently offered to move his ashes to our family plot in ME.

Does she still have jurisdiction over his remains? They had three children, now adults.

Really, I think she wants to scam money off my mom, but it would be interesting to know.
If she did then, she does now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">