• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

asking for damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimberdee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm in California. Divorced in '05 ex refused to pay one of bills we were both supposed to pay. After a few months, I got a little....anyway, I had to get an attorney. He did not get an attorney and dragged the "settlement" on for an additional 5 months. Now, he's in violation of that as well. So here is my question, I paid my attn. $6000 last time, and now I no longer have 6k to spend on anything. My question is under code 270 (?) may I request my lawyers fee's for the second judgement now? Isn't it meant to penalize those who act maliciously? He continues to drag out this process when he is completely responsible, I have proof. And now, he is not paying the amount he is supposed to pay at this time and is going to Barbados instead. And yes, I'm really angry. But I really think he is behaving egregiously in this matter. What should have cost me 11k has cost me 29. I just want this to stop once and for all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">