• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baby's father on birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BBKRML721

I have a question, when i had my first child, my child's father was in prison. So he wasn't able to sign the birth certificate, so i was wondering, am i able to add my son's dad's name to the certificate now that he's out? And how do i go about doing that, if it's possible.

Silverplum

I have a question, when i had my first child, my child's father was in prison. So he wasn't able to sign the birth certificate, so i was wondering, am i able to add my son's dad's name to the certificate now that he's out? And how do i go about doing that, if it's possible.
How do you expect to get an answer if you DELETE the question, "What is the name of your state?"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or, I could guess...Hmm...go to the local court and ask them. That's an excellent guess.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Most likely -- heck almost definitely -- you would need a court order which means going to court to establish paternity and you might as well establish custody/visitation and support at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">