• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baker Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PickledPony

I live in FL. My Mother is living in her truck in AZ. She is on Crystal Meth and is seeing aliens, Jesus and other interesting things.

(This is NOT a joke)

I'm wondering if I can somehow Baker Act her. I feel that she is a threat to herself and others. I do not feel comfortable leaving her out in the desert in her condition.

If not Baker Act then what??

Gracie3787

PickledPony said:
I live in FL. My Mother is living in her truck in AZ. She is on Crystal Meth and is seeing aliens, Jesus and other interesting things.

(This is NOT a joke)

I'm wondering if I can somehow Baker Act her. I feel that she is a threat to herself and others. I do not feel comfortable leaving her out in the desert in her condition.

Really the most you can do is to call the police in whatever city your mother is in, explain the situation to them and ask them if they have anything similar to a Baker Act that they could use to put her into a hospital involuntarily.
However, you might also be sending her to jail if they catch her with any drugs. Does your mother have any history of mental illness? If she does, that MAY help keep her out of jail.
Good Luck
Gracie :)

jjoyzebra

I don't know the laws in AZ, but the use of drugs in most states is a crime. Do you want her to go to jail? If you want her to be arrested, just call the police in AZ and report her. Sorry for your problems.

PickledPony said:

(This is NOT a joke)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">