• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baker Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sroot

Hi, I live in Florida. My dad has been on crack for a couple of years. My mom divorced last year. He is with the Queen of Crack and she beats him. He is in very bad health (he's 50 years old). Does anyone know if there's anything I can do. Is there a way I can Baker act him. I'm his daughter and he's not stable on crack, ya know what I mean? I feel so helpless. Crack is such a lieing drug. I' d appreciate any response if anyone's been through this I'm 28 and my brother's 19.Thanks :confused:

Last edited:

jjoyzebra

Using drugs is a crime in FL, you can report him and he will put in jail-not a mental disorder (which the Baker Act covers). In my experience, most heavy drug users have a death wish and use drugs to numb their minds. He will either eventually be caught and arrested or he will die. If you think jail is the answer, try to talk to drug users who have been jailed or search the web on the subject..does jail time cure drugs. Try the alcholics anonomous website.

I lost my father and 2 brothers to alcohol abuse, there was nothing we could have done to cure them - they would rather die than to give up drinking.

Sorry for your problem -- but remember this, the very first family was dysfunctional -- Cain slew Abel (or did Abel slay Cain>) and there was nothing Adam and Eve (and God?) could do about it. Don't blame yourself and devote your energy to things you can do something good about.

Happiness to you.

sroot said:
Hi, I live in Florida. My dad has been on crack for a couple of years. My mom divorced last year. He is with the Queen of Crack and she beats him. He is in very bad health (he's 50 years old). Does anyone know if there's anything I can do. Is there a way I can Baker act him. I'm his daughter and he's not stable on crack, ya know what I mean? I feel so helpless. Crack is such a lieing drug. I' d appreciate any response if anyone's been through this I'm 28 and my brother's 19.Thanks :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">