• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigomy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VCLuv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Husband was previously married and I cannot find any proof of divorce. I need to know the legal ramifications I face for asuuming I was legally married for two years. 1. IRS joint filings? Do I need to refile single?2. I'm a notary - have notarized many things in married name3. Health Insurance - I've been on his health insurance, will I have to go back and pay for the medical treatment I received?4. Have I been forging my name or fradulantly signing documents since I'm not legally married?5. What are my rights to things in the house and assets?6. What about joint bank accounts.7. What, if any are the other ramifications I could face and how do I leave? Just leave? No paperwork etc? 8. Do I need an attorney?

And I really don't want him to be in trouble for 'bigamy' he thought abandonement was ligit - his wife left him and he hasn't seen her for over 10 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">