• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

biological father wants to challenge paternity against legal father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TXparent

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

so here is the situation. I got a girl pregant in 1995 and she was not married at the time. she got back with her boyfriend and claimed it was his and not mine. they got married in 1997. they got divorced in 2002 with them having joint custody but her with primary. however,to make a long story short, the husband recently gained primary custody last year in 2005. The child is now 10 years old, and after seeing the child many times and after many wonders, the mother agreed to a have a private test done for peace of mind. The recent test proves I am the biological father. I would like to challenge the paternity against the legal father. The child has his last name and raised the child with the ex-wife before they got divorced. I however, dont want the legal father to have primary custody. I would like the mother to have primary back and me have joint, so that I may get to know my child. I also do not want to hurt my son and would like him to continue some sord of relationship with the legal father until he is comfortable with everything. My question is, do I have the right to challenge and want are the possible outcomes? Has anyone been through a similar case and is it expensive?
any thoughts? thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">