• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend Wont Get Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUERE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TENNESSEE
MY BOYFRIEND, WHO IS THE FATHER OF MY 2 CHILDREN, CURRENTLY LIVES WITH US IN MY HOUSE.. MY NAME IS ON ALL THE BILLS AND THE MORTGAGE.. HE DOES NOT GIVE ME MONEY FOR ANYTHING.. HE IS PRETTY MUCH FREELOADING.. I WANT HIM OUT OF MY HOUSE, BUT HE REFUSES TO LEAVE..
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET HIM OUT??? DO I SEND HIM A NOTICE TO VACATE OR DO I HAVE THE POLICE COME AND TELL HIM TO LEAVE?? I DON'T WANT TO INVOLVE THE POLICE, CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PUT THAT LABEL ON ME IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, BUT IF I HAVE TO I WILL...

PLEASE HELP!!!

KimInNY

How can she evict him under LL Ten. if his name is on the mortgage, doesnt that make it a bit diffrent? (as in mortgage/ deed and not just the bank loan. )

Then what would she do if he was on the loan, just delete him?

Doesn't being partial owner give him more foot to stand on? Would she have to buy him out, (since Im sure she cant prove he didn't pay anything.) he has interest in the house. (being deeded to him too and all.

Please elaborate. I doubt LL tenant would work here,

Wouldnt she need a family court judge? (she'd have to split the kids too,)

LdiJ

Evict him per your state's landlord/tenant laws...
I agree, even though he isn't paying you any rent, he has the legal status of a month to month tenant. So, you need to go through the process of evicting him.

KimInNY

***** what about his interest in the house? a Civil judge can evict someone who is on a deed? just like that? *************

What about one's self, can they just give up interest and/or recorded debt on a property?

maby she could just "evict" herself and buy a new one, and leave him with the debt attached with no penelty to her own credit?

KimInNY

I agree, even though he isn't paying you any rent,(((((((((( he has the legal status of a month to month tenant.))))))))))))))))) So, you need to go through the process of evicting him.

How can that be, he co -owns the house. ????? I dont understand. he owns it not rents it.

Tallrat

I've read that thing several times. I don't see where "HE" is listed on anything. She says her name is on mortgage and bills and he's a freeloader. Anyway sounds like you should do as zigner says. Don't have a big brother? Big brother's can be persuasive :D

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
MY BOYFRIEND, WHO IS THE FATHER OF MY 2 CHILDREN, CURRENTLY LIVES WITH US IN MY HOUSE.. MY NAME IS ON ALL THE BILLS AND THE MORTGAGE.. HE DOES NOT GIVE ME MONEY FOR ANYTHING.. HE IS PRETTY MUCH FREELOADING.. I WANT HIM OUT OF MY HOUSE, BUT HE REFUSES TO LEAVE..
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET HIM OUT??? DO I SEND HIM A NOTICE TO VACATE OR DO I HAVE THE POLICE COME AND TELL HIM TO LEAVE?? I DON'T WANT TO INVOLVE THE POLICE, CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PUT THAT LABEL ON ME IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, BUT IF I HAVE TO I WILL...

PLEASE HELP!!!
I've quoted the OP for Kim - I know it's hard to read in all caps, but nowhere is it mentioned that the BF has ANY interest in the house...

KimInNY

I've read that thing several times. I don't see where "HE" is listed on anything. She says her name is on mortgage and bills and he's a freeloader. Anyway sounds like you should do as zigner says. Don't have a big brother? Big brother's can be persuasive :D

(((First of all LOL @ big brothers)))

second, Ok I m not the OP and I have asked her if she ment the deed but she doesnt want info as bad as I do, so suppose he is not on the deed, then she can just take his name off the Mortgage note? wouldn't his name being there on the debt make him sort of co-borrower? do banks just delete borrowers, easy as cake as long as there's someone else to collect from?

Furthermore, wouldn't being the co borower, he need to be listed on tax bill, and deed (and insurance?)

KimInNY

I've quoted the OP for Kim - I know it's hard to read in all caps, but nowhere is it mentioned that the BF has ANY interest in the house...
It sais his name is on the mortgage. My question is how is it he is listed on the debt for the home, but not on the deed.

KimInNY

PLEASE HELP!!!

did she just say, she called her mortgage bank and asked them to add his name, and they did, because that wouild make sence why hes not on the deed. But less sence at the same time because why would she do that if he wasnt paying anything.

All the other bills are not the same thing, and I get that for LL Ten court, I am stuck on the Mortgage / Deed issue, and how that can get settled in LL Ten court.

Zigner

did she just say, she called her mortgage bank and asked them to add his name, and they did, because that wouild make sence why hes not on the deed. But less sence at the same time because why would she do that if he wasnt paying anything.

All the other bills are not the same thing, and I get that for LL Ten court, I am stuck on the Mortgage / Deed issue, and how that can get settled in LL Ten court.
Kim - what are you smoking? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

KimInNY

Kim - what are you smoking? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

lol ok here's what I read,

Her boyfriend/ babys father is on all the debt and interest in the house, and he's not paying his share,

How can she remove his interest, and resume all debt in landlord tenant court, ???

Silverplum

Her boyfriend/ babys father is on all the debt and interest in the house, and he's not paying his share,

How can she remove his interest, and resume all debt in landlord tenant court, ???
That's a question for landlord/tenant forums.

Zigner

You didn't read that in THIS thread. In fact, the EXACT words the OP used were: MY NAME IS ON ALL THE BILLS AND THE MORTGAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">