• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend won't move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DME2000

I live in CA and I have been living with my boyfriend for about four years. I own the house we live in. He does not contribute to the mortgage payment or any other monetary items at all. In fact he doesn't even work. He has two children of his own that are also living with us. I have asked him to leave, but he still has not. He agreed to move out and starts to pack but, then just stops. I want him out but do not know what legal rights I have and what legal actions I can take. Do I need to evict him even though he never contributed to the mortgage and there is no lease agreement? Please help. Thanks.

JETX

Even though he is not a 'tenant', his being 'on premises' for four years does give him some rights as an 'occupant'.

California law requires that you get a Writ of Possession to evict "all tenants, subtenants, if any, name claimants, if any, and any other occupants of the premises."

So, you're going to have to go through all the processes required by law.

I suggest you read the required process at:
http://www.realestatelink.net/articles/Schonfeld.shtml#3day

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">