• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend's soon to be ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JCHAUVIN

my boyfriend's soon to be ex-wife is going to put a lawsuit on me because of the fact that i am am employee of their business. what rights does she have to do such a thing. louisiana

W

wukie2001

What kind of lawsuit is she saying she will "put" on you?

J

JCHAUVIN

i'm not sure yet, i haven't got served my papers yet. she told my boyfried she was doing this because i was the cause of their marriage breakup while i was an employee at their business, but i wasn't the cause.

VG1013

Let her put whatever lawsuit she wants on you. She will have to come up with solid proof for anything she accuses you of in court.

HomeGuru

JCHAUVIN said:
i'm not sure yet, i haven't got served my papers yet. she told my boyfried she was doing this because i was the cause of their marriage breakup while i was an employee at their business, but i wasn't the cause.
**A: what was the cause then and were you dating him while he was still married to her?

usmcfamily

More than likely she is speaking of "alienation of affection" (there are various terms used but that is the jist of it)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just a pointer for the future - it's usually a *really* bad idea to date the boss - especially when he's married. :rolleyes:

Skylyn

"Just a pointer for the future - it's usually a *really* bad idea to date the boss - especially when he's married."

It is? I've seen many woman (in several different companies, states, etc) get promoted/appointed to high paying and lucrative postitions (without having the required exp. and/or skills) via dating the "boss." It seems like a very easy way to get "ahead".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Until he gets tired of you. Then who do you suppose is out of a job? When he's married - and his wife is a co-owner - it's even more of a problem.

VeronicaGia

Skylyn said:
"Just a pointer for the future - it's usually a *really* bad idea to date the boss - especially when he's married."

It is? I've seen many woman (in several different companies, states, etc) get promoted/appointed to high paying and lucrative postitions (without having the required exp. and/or skills) via dating the "boss." It seems like a very easy way to get "ahead".
You must hang out with a sad bunch of "women."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">