• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breached "Verbal Good Faith Agreement"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aviator

Breached "Good Faith Agreement"

I live in Southeast Texas. I would like to know what options I have to recover losses from a verbal "good faith agreement" between myself and a family member. There were no documents signed by her or myself in initiating this agreement. This individual has blatantly defaulted on making payments on a retail credit account in my name (piggybacking on my credit) for the last 8 months with no regard for the damage to my credit rating. This came about when they missed a payment, which by the retailer's policy, automatically voided a special promotion purchase (no payments, no finance charges for the first 12 months) that I had recently made on this same account. Missing the payment in turn caused the balance of the recent purchase to be added to the current balance they were already paying against and also increased the finance charges. They were confused and angered by the increased balance and finance charges, were ill-adviced by another family member and totally and deliberately refused to contact me to ask what it was all about at which time we could have possibly worked something out. Now it is 8 months later, I just found out about it accidentally when I called the retailer to check the account, the account has been closed, turned over to their collectin dept. and the minimum balance due now is a little over $1000.00. I want to recover the balance they owed on the account when this began and any and all late payment fees and extra finance charges over the last 8 months that I otherwise would not have had to pay under the 12 month no payments, no finance charges promotion purchase I recently made. Can anyone advice me as to my options here if any? Thanks. Gary.

[Edited by Aviator on 12-14-2000 at 11:42 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">