• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Break ups

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaclynjjr@yahoo

Michigan

So me and my boyfirned have been living together just shy of a year now. i live with him at his apartment and he never put me on the lease agreement. we are now to the point of breaking up and he thinks he has the right to kick me out a.s.a.p. and can call the cops and claim i am trespassing. I need to know if this is true? i alwasy thought u had to give the person a 30 day notice to get out and then can claim eviction. my mailing adress is the apartment and so is my driverse liscense. please this is an urgent matter.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Michigan

So me and my boyfirned have been living together just shy of a year now. i live with him at his apartment and he never put me on the lease agreement. we are now to the point of breaking up and he thinks he has the right to kick me out a.s.a.p. and can call the cops and claim i am trespassing. I need to know if this is true? i alwasy thought u had to give the person a 30 day notice to get out and then can claim eviction. my mailing adress is the apartment and so is my driverse liscense. please this is an urgent matter.
He needs to evict you. However, YOU need to find a place ASAP.

ecmst12

But no, he definitely can't call the cops and claim you are trespassing. You would just show them your license with your address on it and they would tell them it's a civil matter. He needs to give you 30 days written notice or whatever your state law requires. Of course it's best for everyone if you move out as soon as you can, but he doesn't have the right to lock you out or mess with your stuff in the meantime.

Banned_Princess

In a situation like this, I suggest you find somewhere ASAP. like now. sounds like you guys are fighting hard, and its better to remove yourself from a potentially disastrous situation, then to have to deal with a disaster.

Anything could happen, and just because he doesn't have a legal right to, doesn't mean he wont.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">