• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother's Girlfriend won't leave (kids involved)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ogusta

MA, USA

My brother and I got a 2 family House, which my girlfriend and I reside on the first unit and my brother and his girlfriend resides in the 2nd unit with 2 kids.

She is making life very hard for my brother and inconvient for my girlfriend and I. All in all My brother is a better parent then his GF on and off paper and he works a crappy job to support her and the kids while she sits at home and sits on the pc and talk on the phone. While her 3yr old son runs around and jump off things. Then waits for my brother to come home so she can yell at him for something silly. I know all of this because the house my brother and I bought is very old and I can hear everything. Don't get me Wrong, I know parenting is a hard job and its 24-7 but from what I can see ( yes since I live on the unit below them I can SEE or HEAR certain things to back up what I'm about to say ) She does her own thing and Yells at the kids "stop it", "don't do that" all day and changes their diapers when my brother is not home. Once my brother is home taking care of the kids is pritty much His 2nd job plus her yelling at him for endless what seems to be an endless things of what he does wrong.

My Brother Wants OUT of the relationship and has Moved out serveral times but has always come back to assure that the Kids are safe and ok. Once after he moved out, she begged him to come back because the Kids missed him and he clarified that he was moving back in for the Kids. 1 week later ahe yells at him because she was upset that he was there only for the kids and not her, resulting in him moving out again. And by yelling I mean VIOLENLY yelling and Destructive along with making threats against her self, my brother and even sometimes the kids......

His Goal is for her to move out and See the kids as much as he can (and knowing him it would be daily) but she won't have it. None of her family wants to deal with her because she is like this to everyone and refuses to let my brother see his kid if this happens.

She is a dead beat. She has been attending a Church funded program class that helps people get their GED which also offer FREE day care. I have also offered to Drive her daily to her classes but all she does is skip classes and stays home. Shes been "Attending" this class for 2 years or so and still no where.

What are my brothers options

Her name is not on the HOUSE in any way or form. On paper she does not live there but physically does.

Please help.
Thanks

Farfalla

Has he legally established his paternity? If he has not had the DNA tests and signed the paternity papers he’s better do it before she moves out with the kids. Without that he has no rights to the children.

Last edited:

Farfalla

I believe so, (if you mean like birth papers and what not, yes) but DNA test, No
Than he is probably not the legal father of these children. He needs to get that established so that if and when she moves out he has some rights to his children. That should be his priority.

He need to come here and post. He cannot get good legal advice with only particial info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">