• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyer left unsigned personal check!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MayDay

Thank you for your help. I reside in Missouri. I recently sold an item from my home and being stupid and unconcerned I failed to realize the check given to me was unsigned. I called the party to ask them if I could bring them the check for a signature and was given the runaround. I did give the individual a receipt for the item which I signed but the buyer did not sign. I did retain a copy of the of the receipt and of course I have the unsigned check. Is there anything I can do if this person positively refuses to sign the check?

G

Grandma B

Aren't people amazing??

What a jerk!

Call them again and suggest that THEY drop by YOUR place to sign the check or prepare to take a day off work to meet you in small claims court. That way, maybe YOU can save yourself some work (and not have to take a day off yourself).

U

Ukiah

Re: Aren't people amazing??

Grandma B said:
What a jerk!

Call them again and suggest that THEY drop by YOUR place to sign the check or prepare to take a day off work to meet you in small claims court. That way, maybe YOU can save yourself some work (and not have to take a day off yourself).

LOL G~ma B are you following me? :D

G

Grandma B

Re: Re: Aren't people amazing??

Ukiah said:
LOL G~ma B are you following me? :D [/B]
Not intentionally (but I did have the thought that you might think that when I added my response to this thread). LOL Must be we're just attracted to the same threads. (and I don't mean we have the same taste in clothing!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">