• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California. Parents taking my college fund and forcing me to leave.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CWhite.

California

So basically my parents are taking my college fund from me. I have quite a bit of money set aside in a trust and in the actual college fund itself.

They are forcing me to move out. Taking away my college money (it is in a seperate account specifically for me for college) which i am currently using to attend college.

Now they are saying they are kicking me out and taking away my college fund. And the trust my grandparents left me for legal and medical services.

Is there any actions i can take to prevent this from happening?

I need this advice or legal help asap.

Feel free to msg me on here or email.

Last edited:

Antigone*

California

So basically my parents are taking my college fund from me. I have quite a bit of money set aside in a trust and in the actual college fund itself.

They are forcing me to move out. Taking away my college money (it is in a seperate account specifically for me for college) which i am currently using to attend college.

Now they are saying they are kicking me out and taking away my college fund. And the trust my grandparents left me for legal and medical services.

Is your mother's or father's name on the account? How old are you?

What did you do to spark the wrath of your parents?

Isis1

California

at over the age of 18, your parents are not required by law to support you. depending on how the account was set up, it's THEIR money to do with as they will. there is no law requiring them to send you to college.

this trust....how is that set up? are they the guardians for this trust. how was the trust spelled out?

CWhite.

Is your mother's or father's name on the account? How old are you?

What did you do to spark the wrath of your parents?
Im 23. The account is in my dads name but its specially labeled "Christophers College Fund"

Just as the trust is labeled under the details as "For any expenses of medical or legal need regarding Chris xxxxxxx "

Isis1 the account was specifically set up for the purpose of putting my college education money into it from my college savings account. (the savings account was in my name)

Antigone*

Im 23. The account is in my dads name but its specially labeled "Christophers College Fund"

Just as the trust is labeled under the details as "For any expenses of medical or legal need regarding Chris xxxxxxx "

Isis1 the account was specifically set up for the purpose of putting my college education money into it from my college savings account. (the savings account was in my name)
I can title the account Juicy's fund (my dog), but it does not mean that the money belongs to him of that I am obligated to spend on the money on him.

At 23, you should be done with college, so what's the hold up?

Isis1

how it is labeled doesn't matter. i can go to any one of my accounts and call it my "booze and condom supply"

if it's under dad's name, it's his money.

so...the trust from the grandparents. how is that titled and what are the guidelines for removing money? and who are the trustees?

Last edited:

Antigone*

how it is labeled doesn't matter. i can go to any one of my accounts and call it my "booze and condom supply"

so...the trust from the grandparents. how is that labeled and what are the guidelines for removing money? and who are the trustees?
Gee, I think I like your booze and condom supply fund much better than my Juicy fund.

CWhite.

so...the trust from the grandparents. how is that labeled and what are the guidelines for removing money? and who are the trustees?
even if the money was transfered from an account in my name to one in his name? (this was done before I was 18)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">