• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California: Property Law ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Minke

My Father bought my Mother a Mustang when they were still married to each other. When they Divorced she kept the Car. She then remarried and the car is still parked at her house. She died in September. What I need to know is: Does this car belong to my Step-Father now? Or because it was purchased during her first marriage does it legually still belong to my Father? My Father is still alive. The only name on the regastration is still my Mothers.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Minke said:
My Father bought my Mother a Mustang when they were still married to each other. When they Divorced she kept the Car. She then remarried and the car is still parked at her house. She died in September. What I need to know is: Does this car belong to my Step-Father now? Or because it was purchased during her first marriage does it legually still belong to my Father? My Father is still alive. The only name on the regastration is still my Mothers.
My response:

This is a "Probate" matter - not Family Law. Please post your questions on that Board.

Thank you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">