• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I change my daughter's last name to my boyfriends last name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Olsen1216

My daughter's biological father hasn't seen her since her 1st birthday and has never paid child support. My boyfriend has been in her life for three years. We are also expecting another daughter in a 2 months. Is there anyway my daughter can be adopted by my boyfriend or get his last name?

Proserpina

My daughter's biological father hasn't seen her since her 1st birthday and has never paid child support. My boyfriend has been in her life for three years. We are also expecting another daughter in a 2 months. Is there anyway my daughter can be adopted by my boyfriend or get his last name?
Sigh. You've done absolutely no reading at all, have you?

Tell us your US state. That's your first job. Can you do that?

Silverplum

Name of your US state?

Do you have a court order for child support? Court order for custody?

Adoptions don't happen without marriage: "current boyfriend" is not a sufficient level of commitment.

Name changes require notification to the father, and he can contest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">