• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I divorce my adult children?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGoodChild

I am in Texas, am 80+ yrs. old, am of sound mind (mentally competent with letters from my family md and neurologist stating the fact). I have three grown children, two cause me and the other constant misery...and are basically waiting for me to die so that they can get "their share" of everything I have....I want to take care of the good one when I depart, and write the other two out of my will, but can I legally sever ties with them now. I am concerned that if I ever am incompetent, they will increase the misery on the good child, and try to contest the will or prevent her from assuming guardianship of me and my estate (if the need ever arises). Also, under a guardianship, the good child (assuming she is my guardian) would have to periodically provide them with an accounting of everything spent. It is none of their business where I spend my money and I don't want them to be able to force this action on the good child in the event of my incapacity prior to death. Can I legally DIVORCE or otherwise cut legal ties with them now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">