• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get a paternity test for father in prison?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GildedWillow

What is the name of your state? oh

i am in the process of a divorce and have just given birth to a beautiful baby girl who is not my husbands. while in the hospital i was informed that the husbands name had to be on the birth certificat because we were still legally married.:mad: the problem is my daughters father has been sent to prison and in order to get any visitation with him it has to be immediate family. when i went to get her birth certificate the lady there informed me that if i had had a divorce decree and had my boyfriend signed a paternity affidavite his name could have been on her cerificate. i tried to do this today and she told me that she had told me wronge and that since the hard copy had been sent to the state her father would now have to take a patenity test before getting it changed. can i still have the test done and if so how do i get this started?? please help he hasn't been able to have any contact with her and it is tearing us both up. i can't imagine not even being able to take her to see him.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">