• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get rid of this stuff?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reelemine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. My ex-boyfriend moved out 9/12/09, 30 days ago. He took his clothes, but inspite of several
attempts by me to contact him the first 2 weeks, he has made no contact,
or attempt to get the rest of his stuff. Most of it is in the backyard. He has
a old truck, ( that has never run), (no legal tag or ins.) that has been parked
for 9 years. Old lawnmowers, and other debris that he was going to use one day. A shed that is packed with car parts. I would like to get this cleaned up.
He was never on a lease where I live. Can I legally clean this up, and get the debris out of my yard.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida. My ex-boyfriend moved out 9/12/09, 30 days ago. He took his clothes, but inspite of several
attempts by me to contact him the first 2 weeks, he has made no contact,
or attempt to get the rest of his stuff. Most of it is in the backyard. He has
a old truck, ( that has never run), (no legal tag or ins.) that has been parked
for 9 years. Old lawnmowers, and other debris that he was going to use one day. A shed that is packed with car parts. I would like to get this cleaned up.
He was never on a lease where I live. Can I legally clean this up, and get the debris out of my yard.

Thank you,
Not yet, no.

Do you know where he is now living?
If you do, you need to send him written notice stating that he has 30 days in which to retrive his property. If not retrieved after 30 days, you will dispose of the property. Send this notice by certified return reciept mail.

If you do not know where he is, you need to make a "diligent search", then file notice in the local newspaper, the same as the written notice. The notice will need to be run for 4 times, once a week. if at that point he has not retrieved his property you can legally dispose of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">