• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i legally move out??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desperate_teen

What is the name of your state? i live in england.

hi, i am a very desperate teenager, im 15 at the moment but i will be 16 next month, i dont get on with my parents at all, they always try to control me even though i left school 2 months ago, some people might say that their only treating me like this because they only want the best for me, but some of the things they say and do is unreal. im am in a long term relationship with my boyfirend of the same age, and i get on with his parents geat, they know what my parent s are like and dont agree with it either, when i was 14 i ranaway from home i was gone for around 24 hours and i have tried to move out about 5 months ago, my boyfriends parents have said that when i am 16 they will let me move into their house with them, it has all been dicussed and agreed on but my parents dont know yet, but i am still worried whether it is all legal before i move out incase i move in then a few weeks later police turn up and tell me i have to move back home, i only want to know if it is toally legal for me to move out without my parents concent. my boyfriends dad has rang the social services and explained the situation and they said that by then i will be old enough to make my own mind up where i want to live aslong i am safe and i have a roof over my head and food, does the english laws say that i am obliged to live where i want?? im am too scared to seek advice anywhere else, any advice with be gratefully recieved.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
unfortunately, I don't think anyone here knows the laws in England. All I can tell you that when my ex husband (Brit) was 15 (and that was donkey's years ago), he moved out on his own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">