• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be lieable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lcanales74

If my 14 yo child living with the father whom iam divorced from is involved in a auto accident and the father knowly is allowing her to drive her and her friends around town.can i be held lieable for damges if she were to hit someone? She does live with me or have anything to do with me.What can i do to protec myself?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If my 14 yo child living with the father whom iam divorced from is involved in a auto accident and the father knowly is allowing her to drive her and her friends around town.can i be held lieable for damges if she were to hit someone? She does live with me or have anything to do with me.What can i do to protec myself?
It is possible. Do you have joint legal custody? How is your 14 year old child driving? Have you reported her? What have you done to STOP the situation? How often do you see her? Why doesn't she have anything to do with you?

lcanales74

It is possible. Do you have joint legal custody? How is your 14 year old child driving? Have you reported her? What have you done to STOP the situation? How often do you see her? Why doesn't she have anything to do with you?
yes i have joint legal.i have tried to stop thing by letting children attorney know that the father lets my 14yo daughter and his girlfriends son drive all over town when ever they want.as to her not wanting to see it's the dad telling her she does not have to have anything to do with me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes i have joint legal.i have tried to stop thing by letting children attorney know that the father lets my 14yo daughter and his girlfriends son drive all over town when ever they want.as to her not wanting to see it's the dad telling her she does not have to have anything to do with me.
Have you filed an emergency motion? Have you talked to your daughter at all? Have you parented your child? Have you made a police report regarding this?

lcanales74

OP...aren't you more concerned about your child's SAFETY?! :eek:
ya but there's really nothing i can do about her doing what she's doing cuz i would never let her do anything like that.she lives with her father and i can no control of what shes doing.

if she wants nothing to do with me then y should i be responsible for her father letting her do something illegal

Isis1

ya but there's really nothing i can do about her doing what she's doing cuz i would never let her do anything like that.she lives with her father and i can no control of what shes doing.

If she wants nothing to do with me then y should i be responsible for her father letting her do something illegal
because you are a parent????

Isis1

i guess i can always sign my rights off.she wants nothing to do with me anyways.
i got some news for you. it doesn't work like that. your child isn't a car to be titled off.

you cannot sign off rights. a judge will not allow it. not based on what you have stated.

lcanales74

i got some news for you. it doesn't work like that. your child isn't a car to be titled off.

you cannot sign off rights. a judge will not allow it. not based on what you have stated.
i dont see y not since i have had nothing to do with her since july of last year.i will find out from kids attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">