• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue my ex girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmarty8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN Although only engaged I have 5 yrs into rebuilding her family run down farm. I own a home i rented out she owns a home which i moved into and pay rent, food and for all outings. I have invested most every weekend of 5 yrs over 300 hrs in just escavating and backfilling,then theres land clearing,land maint,plumbing repairs,electrical repairs,structural repairs,room remodeling,window replacements,auto and eqipment repairs plus numerous other tasks performed. Come december she said being no fault of mine but she just isnt happy anymore pack my things and move out. I feel i should be entitled to some kind of compinsation for all that time, labor,and money i put in the past 5 yrs so want to know if i can and how i do so?

Last edited:

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN Although only engaged I have 5 yrs into rebuilding her family run down farm. I own a home i rented out she owns a home which i moved into and pay rent, food and for all outings. I have invested most every weekend of 5 yrs over 300 hrs in just escavating and backfilling,then theres land clearing,land maint,plumbing repairs,electrical repairs,structural repairs,room remodeling,window replacements,auto and eqipment repairs plus numerous other tasks performed. Come december she said being no fault of mine but she just isnt happy anymore pack my things and move out. I feel i should be entitled to some kind of compinsation for all that time, labor,and money i put in the past 5 yrs so want to know if i can and how i do so?
So what you are saying is that you gave her 5 years of your life, as well as invested time, money and labor into remodeling her home, fixing her car, and performing other tasks for her?

I'm sure that you weren't thinking about getting reimbursed for these things when you were doing them for her. In fact, it sounds like you did them out of your love and affection for her. Only now, because she has suddenly become dissatisfied with your company, are you deciding that she somehow owes you something for it.

Sorry, but it isn't going to happen. All these things were gifts when you did them. It doesn't sound like there was any kind of expectation for being paid back for them, or was there any kind of written agreement to do so.

Just because you are mad at her now doesn't magically create an agreement to be reimbursed for your "services".

gmarty8

Being she made the agreement of being married by wearing that ring my efforts were put into this as building a place that we would be spending the rest of our married life at, instead she used my love and anticipation for her own personal gain and left me with nothin

justalayman

Being she made the agreement of being married by wearing that ring my efforts were put into this as building a place that we would be spending the rest of our married life at, instead she used my love and anticipation for her own personal gain and left me with nothin
ya got to sleep with her for 5 years. Did she make you dinner or breakfast or lunch?

The problem with living like a married couple and not getting married:

the courts don't care because they cannot divide things like when you are married. Either you had a contract to where you were to be compensated or chalk it up to you helped out around the house because of the benefits you were receiving.

sandyclaus

Ever hear the phrase, "Why buy the cow when you can get your milk for free?"

You lived with this woman for 5 years. Sure, you may have given her a ring, but you never married her in that whole 5 years.

Sounds like you got your daily milk - and she came out of it with a lot of cheese for her efforts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">