• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i take him off my car insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TLPH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My husband and I are seperated (not leagaly) for 7 months. Can i remove him from my car insurance? He lets another family member drive it and that person has had SEVERAL accidents that wer all her fault.He frives another car that was given to him. He does not give me any kind of fiancial help. Do i need to geive him any notice?

Last edited:

Proserpina

My husband and I are seperated (not leagaly) for 7 months. Can i remove him from my car insurance? He lets another family member drive it and that person has had SEVERAL accidents that wer all her fault.He frives another car that was given to him. He does not give me any kind of fiancial help. Do i need to geive him any notice?
Who is on the car title?

Proserpina

And have you seen an attorney yet? (per your other posts)

TLPH

Same

His name is on the car that the other family member is driving.
And no, I have not seen an attorney yet.

LdiJ

His name is on the car that the other family member is driving.
And no, I have not seen an attorney yet.
Personally, I wouldn't do it. You are in a community property state which means that as long as you are married to him you can also be sued. I wouldn't take the risk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">