• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a mother legally kick his 39 year old disabled son out of her home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Disabled In Mia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I was wondering if my own mother can kick me out of my home because I commited fraud against her by using her bank accounts to gamble online?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I was wondering if my own mother can kick me out of my home because I commited fraud against her by using her bank accounts to gamble online?
She can kick you out because you remind her of an ex-boyfriend or because she had heart-burn this morning...

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Generally, she'd have to follow the Florida rules for eviction just like any landlord but yes, she can.

Depending on the circumstances, she can also have you prosecuted.

Gracie3787

Yes.

All she has to do is go to the court clerk's office and file a legal eviction.
Be prepared because she can also have you prosecuted for using her bank account if you are not on the account also.

Sounds like you need to start looking for another place to live, today.

Antigone*

What the heck is mom thinking ~ she can call the police and within a matter of time disabled, fraud committing loser son will get free room and board.

Last edited:

xylene

Be prepared because she can also have you prosecuted for using her bank account if you are not on the account also.
And the credit card company can pursue criminal action as well, if mom should say contest the charges and the company investigates...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'd shortcut eviction and just move to have him arrested. Apparently he was not too disabled to be a thief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">