• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my 16 yr old girlfriend move out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

04gsxr600

hi, i live in florida! my girlfriend is 16 and currently lives with her grandma a few days a week, and her mom the rest of the week. No one has custody of her, she just stays with her grandma because its close to school, she hates living with her! Her mom loves me and just wants us to be happy. she will be 17 in 2 months, should i just wait till then to have her move out? Basically what i want to know is, if she just left and came down here, can i get in trouble? Cause her grandma thinks shes the ****in sheriff or something!
So what are my options here? thanks!

Some Random Guy

How old are you?

No one has custody of her
Actually, her parents have custody of her unless a court orders otherwise

Her mom loves me and just wants us to be happy.
Gee that's nice.

Basically what i want to know is, if she just left and came down here, can i get in trouble?
If her legal guardian has no problem with your relationship, then you will not be in trouble for having her as a roommate

But of course if you are talking about sex, then grandma can just make a phone call and have you put in jail for a felony - depending on your age.

Florida - Age of Consent

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When your girlfriend is 18, she can move out and live anywhere she wants to live. Until her 18th birthday and not one minute before, she lives where her mother says she lives.

04gsxr600

How old are you?

Actually, her parents have custody of her unless a court orders otherwise

Gee that's nice.

If her legal guardian has no problem with your relationship, then you will not be in trouble for having her as a roommate

But of course if you are talking about sex, then grandma can just make a phone call and have you put in jail for a felony - depending on your age.

Florida - Age of Consent

well the website i saw, 16-24 is leagal...im only 20...so im good right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">