• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my 17yr old fiance live with me against her parents wishes even though I am 18?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Static Xero

My Fiance and I have been engaged for over one year.
She is 17 and I am 18. She wishes to move in with me,
although her parents refuse to allow us to live togther or marry. I have read that as long as she is above the legal age for statutory rape in Alabama, she can move in with me and her parents cannot take legal action. Is this true?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Static Xero said:
My Fiance and I have been engaged for over one year.
She is 17 and I am 18. She wishes to move in with me,
although her parents refuse to allow us to live togther or marry. I have read that as long as she is above the legal age for statutory rape in Alabama, she can move in with me and her parents cannot take legal action. Is this true?
My response:

Wrong, testosterone Tommy. The "Age of Consent" for sexual activity bears no relation to the "Age of Majority". Her parents can still have her hauled away for being a runaway and perhaps, truancy. And, they can have you arrested for aiding and abetting a minor.

Do you really want that on your permanent adult record ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">