• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my husband evict me and our kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scaredmom72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
my husband and i rent a house and we are seperating and hes trying to evict me and our kids can he do this?

Banned_Princess

I'm going to go ahead and say no.

1st off he is not the landlord,

And 2nd off he cant just say "get out" there's a whole process the rightful owner of a property must go through in order to "evict you"

So maybe you can be more specific with your question, and problem.

nextwife

Who is on the lease? Did the lease predate your marriage? If you are not legally a tenant, don't necessarily expect HIM to be the one moving out.

STBX cannot evict you. If rent is unpaid however, Landlord can evict you in accordance with your state's Landlord Tenant laws.

korrnflake

ask him y he would put his kids out on da street. me and my wife seperate. ialmost got our home payed off. i gave her da home.kids gotta have a roof over ther head. get a lawyer or public defender that aint rite, and talk 2 da landlord

Banned_Princess

ask him y he would put his kids out on da street. me and my wife seperate. ialmost got our home payed off. i gave her da home.kids gotta have a roof over ther head. get a lawyer or public defender that aint rite, and talk 2 da landlord
DUDE.

First of all this is an old thread. Old thread= DEAD.

Second of all we dont speak ghetto here. We speak everyday english.

Get on it.

Plus what do you know, you want to sign away the rights to your kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">