• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my wife get a restraining order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WorriedInNC

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Crolina

Quick summary:

I had an out-of-state friend. He said he wanted to move to this area and look for a job. He asked if I would mind if he stayed at my house for a month or so while he looked for work. He was also friends with my wife at the time. I agreed and he moved in. He didn't seem to be working hard to find a job and I stared getting suspicious. After he had been living in my house about 2 month I found out he was involved in a relationship with my wife. I confronted her and kicked the "friend" out of my house. My wife and I are going to counseling and trying to repair our marriage. The problem is that the cheating “friend” won’t stop attempting to contact my wife. (She is disclosing all attempts he is making to me). She has blocked her email and changed her cell phone number but he continues to leave her messages on her work phone. I made it clear when he was kicked out he was to have no more contact with my wife. Also, she asked him via email to stop contacting her before she blocked him. We both worry that he may get more desperate in his attempts to contact her. Would this qualify for a restraining order if she filed for one? We need him to understand the seriousness of the situation. Are there any other alternatives?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Crolina

Quick summary:

I had an out-of-state friend. He said he wanted to move to this area and look for a job. He asked if I would mind if he stayed at my house for a month or so while he looked for work. He was also friends with my wife at the time. I agreed and he moved in. He didn't seem to be working hard to find a job and I stared getting suspicious. After he had been living in my house about 2 month I found out he was involved in a relationship with my wife. I confronted her and kicked the "friend" out of my house. My wife and I are going to counseling and trying to repair our marriage. The problem is that the cheating “friend” won’t stop attempting to contact my wife. (She is disclosing all attempts he is making to me). She has blocked her email and changed her cell phone number but he continues to leave her messages on her work phone. I made it clear when he was kicked out he was to have no more contact with my wife. Also, she asked him via email to stop contacting her before she blocked him. We both worry that he may get more desperate in his attempts to contact her. Would this qualify for a restraining order if she filed for one? We need him to understand the seriousness of the situation. Are there any other alternatives?
She needs to tell him ONE MORE TIME to never contact her again. Then she needs to attempt to get a restraining order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">