• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a parent kick out a child over 18 without the consent of the other parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XCaedisX

I live in Connecticut.

My question is if a mother(drunk, unemployed, pays for nothing) can, by herself, kick out a child over the age of 18, who is attending college and is also unemployed, and therefor has no means of supporting himself. The father, who is employed, pays for just about everything and is not in agreement with the mother. They are, however, married, though I am unsure if both their names are on the deed to the house. Divorce is not an option for the father.

Silverplum

I live in Connecticut.

My question is if a mother(drunk, unemployed, pays for nothing) can kick out a child over the age of 18, who is attending college and is also unemployed, and therefor has no means of supporting himself. The father, who is employed, pays for just about everything and is not in agreement with the mother. They are, however, married, though I am unsure if both their names are on the deed to the house.
Who are you in this scenario?

Proserpina

I live in Connecticut.

My question is if a mother(drunk, unemployed, pays for nothing) can, by herself, kick out a child over the age of 18, who is attending college and is also unemployed, and therefor has no means of supporting himself. The father, who is employed, pays for just about everything and is not in agreement with the mother. They are, however, married, though I am unsure if both their names are on the deed to the house. Divorce is not an option for the father.
Yeap. If Dad doesn't like it, he can invite you right back.

Time to move out, Junior.

Proserpina

And a little bit of non-legal advice.

Watch your tone when you are speaking about your mother to a bunch of strangers. You've told us an awful lot about yourself in those words you typed, and guess who ends up looking worse? Not Mama, son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">