• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone help me with prenatal/drug use in CA..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncalim818

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My sister in law is having a baby... She was going to a clinic for her prenatal care, and all was well until, she calls me @ 7 months along and explains to me how she hasn't gone to the clinic since she was 4-5 months the last appointment she went to was a 4d ultrasound,,,,when she found out she was having a girl...I asked her why hasn't she gone what happened.,,,, last i knew she loved the nurse practitioner she was seeing...From I gathered from her was while going to her prenatal classes she was tested for drugs every time she went in which i think is great....her first drug test was positive for meth and weed and every time she went back to the clinic she tested dirty for meth.... she also missed a few appointments no call no show...Her nurse called her at home told her to come in to the clinic to talk about something, she went in and the nurse told her she could not be a patient there any longer due to her drug use and missed prenatal classes. She was informed that they weren't allowed to provide care for high risk pregnancies in which she is now HRP. They did refer her to a l&d doctor she made the appt. she file was sent to him from the clinic and the clinic noted she was a drug user and high risk.. this Dr. told her he doesn't do work with people like her because she a druggie and said go to the county hospital ..,.well she has not gone to the county hospital to get set up or seen by an ob/gyn.... What I told her is they are mandated reporters and you cont, to use while pregnant. even after they first told you you test + for drugs along with the fact that she stopped going as if she was caught and she knew it... Can anyone please tell me what might happen to her baby.... and her... shes due this thanksgiving....and claims she stopped using but because it was noted in her file when she has the baby and test clean right at that moment will she be okay or because during her 1st and 2nd trimiter she tested dirty will cps be informed or do you think they have already been notified??? Please some one help me help her... California prenatal law??? thank you all so much God Bless

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My sister in law is having a baby... She was going to a clinic for her prenatal care, and all was well until, she calls me @ 7 months along and explains to me how she hasn't gone to the clinic since she was 4-5 months the last appointment she went to was a 4d ultrasound,,,,when she found out she was having a girl...I asked her why hasn't she gone what happened.,,,, last i knew she loved the nurse practitioner she was seeing...From I gathered from her was while going to her prenatal classes she was tested for drugs every time she went in which i think is great....her first drug test was positive for meth and weed and every time she went back to the clinic she tested dirty for meth.... she also missed a few appointments no call no show...Her nurse called her at home told her to come in to the clinic to talk about something, she went in and the nurse told her she could not be a patient there any longer due to her drug use and missed prenatal classes. She was informed that they weren't allowed to provide care for high risk pregnancies in which she is now HRP. They did refer her to a l&d doctor she made the appt. she file was sent to him from the clinic and the clinic noted she was a drug user and high risk.. this Dr. told her he doesn't do work with people like her because she a druggie and said go to the county hospital ..,.well she has not gone to the county hospital to get set up or seen by an ob/gyn.... What I told her is they are mandated reporters and you cont, to use while pregnant. even after they first told you you test + for drugs along with the fact that she stopped going as if she was caught and she knew it... Can anyone please tell me what might happen to her baby.... and her... shes due this thanksgiving....and claims she stopped using but because it was noted in her file when she has the baby and test clean right at that moment will she be okay or because during her 1st and 2nd trimiter she tested dirty will cps be informed or do you think they have already been notified??? Please some one help me help her... California prenatal law??? thank you all so much God Bless
Seriously she is not clean. She did not just stop using and is lying to you. She will test dirty at the time she gives birth and the baby will immediately be removed from her custody. She will be forced to actually get clean. If not then her rights will be terminated. If you believe that she is clean now because she told you so then you are naive. Your sister in law is still a meth head. She will quite frankly be very lucky if she actually has a live birth. Where is the possible baby's daddy?

ncalim818

Funny you should ask...

As of yesterday my husbands brother is in jail.... Its just hard for me to grasp how someone can just be so careless with their own child an innocent baby let alone having not respect for their own mind, body and well being...I know deep down inside she is still using that is why she doesn't come around here often..I just don't want to believe its true ,. my husband is crushed over this whole thing and so disappointed in his brother.... for being so irresponsible.. One more question if could be answered is, lets just say she is clean when she delivers (I pray to God she is) with it being documented that she was using her whole pregnancy .... will she have a chance at all or will cps if not right away sometime shortly after will they take the baby? regardless I'm fighting for this little girl myself....Thanks so much
Nichole

TinkerBelleLuvr

If it were me, I would find a way to get Foster Parent license so that you are prepared to fight to take in this child in the event that she isn't clean. You would be in a much better position to take that child if you are already approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">