• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can A Woman Marry Her Ex-Husband's Son in the State of Alaska?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myquestion13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska

I need to know if a woman can marry her ex-husband's son in the State of Alaska...
Woman did NOT raise the son. There is NO consanguinuity between the woman and the son.
Woman has been divorced for over 5 months.
Ex-husband is still alive.
Both woman and ex-husband's son are over 18 years old.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska

I need to know if a woman can marry her ex-husband's son in the State of Alaska...
Woman did NOT raise the son. There is NO consanguinuity between the woman and the son.
Woman has been divorced for over 5 months.
Ex-husband is still alive.
Both woman and ex-husband's son are over 18 years old.
ew. yes. there are no blood ties.

myquestion13

I'm not asking for moral opinions and I really need only legal advice. Especially from someone who can understand the AS codes. I have read them but need confirmation that it is legal and it won't be stopped due to any legal issues.

Nothing personal, if you understood the situation, it wouldn't be so "ewwww".

Isis1

I'm not asking for moral opinions and I really need only legal advice. Especially from someone who can understand the AS codes. I have read them but need confirmation that it is legal and it won't be stopped due to any legal issues.

Nothing personal, if you understood the situation, it wouldn't be so "ewwww".
i said ew with the wrinkly producer guy (i can't remember his name at the moment) and his adopted daughter, i'll say ewwww here too. but it's legal.

in other words, there is no law against it.

myquestion13

Thank you Isabella, I appreciate your diplomatic answer.

As to whether the other person is advising their own moral choices, that is fine, but I don't need to hear them, nor, blatantly care. If it were illegal, then it would be something that would bother me. As it is not illegal, then morals, in a LEGAL ADVICE forum are illogical, rude and plainly meant to point out a point of view - and not legitimate advice, therefore are null and void.

Just Blue

I don't even know if ewwwwwww covers it. That brings new meaning to desperation. The pickins must be real slim in Alaska. I'd just as soon move to somewhere more populated.
Judging by the Senate election at least 48% of the populace is "challanged"...Perhaps OP is really desperate??:p

AHA

Thank you Isabella, I appreciate your diplomatic answer.

As to whether the other person is advising their own moral choices, that is fine, but I don't need to hear them, nor, blatantly care. If it were illegal, then it would be something that would bother me. As it is not illegal, then morals, in a LEGAL ADVICE forum are illogical, rude and plainly meant to point out a point of view - and not legitimate advice, therefore are null and void.
And you are free to ignore whatever you want on this board, but you can't be surprised that outsiders are disgusted by your situation.

cyjeff

I live in Georgia. We deal with this here a lot.

A good guideline is...

If it takes more than 5 minutes to explain why your new love ISN'T family, it is too close.

Moral judgments here are no less or more than you will hear on the streets.

If you are going to get hacked off at everyone that responds to your new relationship, you are in for a tough life.

myquestion13

Never said it was "MY" situation.

And I don't care what people think - I didn't come to this board to listen to moral judgments by people purporting to be able to read "legalese" and handing out "legal" advice.

I had assumed that "free advice legal forum" meant specifically legal advice. NOT Moral attacks based on each individual's own personal race, creed, religion, etc.

Sounds to me like you have a group of senior people on this board that while they may have knowledge absolutely cannot contain their own personal opinions in order to answer a LEGAL question without inserting personal moral objections or commentary.

Makes this board absolutely useless in my estimation.

Thank you for those who took the question seriously and to those that made statements that reflected your personal belief, perhaps you should take a look at why you're on this board in the first place.

Are you here to flame those that ask LEGAL questions?

Or are you here to actually help answer questions about LAW?

Very interesting to meet you all. And beyond those that took the time to answer the question literally, this particular forum showing has proven beyond a doubt that there are individuals on this forum that are useless.

Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">