• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car taken. Need help fast please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rollycoast

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My wife and I are married. Three months ago, we bought a car together but it is in her name due to credit reasonings. We have been arguing lately and last night she took the keys from me. Today she gave the car to someone to look at it to buy it. I use the car for work. I am a delivery driver.
Can she legally do this?
Thank you for your help!

Antigone*

My wife and I are married. Three months ago, we bought a car together but it is in her name due to credit reasonings. We have been arguing lately and last night she took the keys from me. Today she gave the car to someone to look at it to buy it. I use the car for work. I am a delivery driver.
Can she legally do this?
Thank you for your help!
Legally the car belongs to her. If she can find someone to buy the car and satisfy the lien, then she has done nothing illegal.

LdiJ

Can she legally do this?
Thank you for your help!
Using a car with a lien on it as a delivery driver is also a BAD idea. You use beaters and drive them into the ground, and then get another. I could give a whole discourse from both a tax and accounting basis as to why that's a bad idea.

Nevertheless, as you have already been told, she CAN do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">