• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell phone transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris2711

What is the name of your state? Maryland
Question: How do I go about getting a subpoena or court order for transcripts of text messages, phone calls, and voice mails made on my Verizon cell phone?
I don't think it matters if we are talking about a possible adulterine wife or a juvenile son who my be in contact with a sexual predator. The concern is still the same and I wouldn't want to take the later to court just to see what he is saying to someone else.

BelizeBreeze

chris2711 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland
Question: How do I go about getting a subpoena or court order for transcripts of text messages, phone calls, and voice mails made on my Verizon cell phone?
I don't think it matters if we are talking about a possible adulterine wife or a juvenile son who my be in contact with a sexual predator. The concern is still the same and I wouldn't want to take the later to court just to see what he is saying to someone else.
It's called a fishing expedition and no judge would allow such without clear evidence that a crime is occurring. And ESPECIALLY without an underlying legal action.

nextwife

I would think that records of phone calls and text messages on your own phone could simply be requested by you.

chris2711

nextwife said:
I would think that records of phone calls and text messages on your own phone could simply be requested by you.
verizon says I need a sobpoena or a court order for them.

BelizeBreeze

nextwife said:
Think again dear. If the subject were only conversing or texting themselves it would not be a problem, but big companies like this don't like lawsuits for invasion of privacy. Even if they would win.

As for what to do Chris, i told you that already. Find grounds to sue or to file criminal charges and then as a result, a subpoena can be issued.

nextwife

I forward many of the emails I recieve at one email address (my Blackberry) to my home email, because cut and pasting the data from those emails into orders, vcards, and word processing programs is far simpler on a PC. Would I first need the permission of the original sender before forwarding to myself?

BelizeBreeze

nextwife said:
I forward many of the emails I recieve at one email address (my Blackberry) to my home email, because cut and pasting the data from those emails into orders, vcards, and word processing programs is far simpler on a PC. Would I first need the permission of the original sender before forwarding to myself?
Of course not. But there's a difference.

The records that remain in the phone are your property to do with as you wish. The records we're talking about here belong to the phone company and are private property. Hence, the need for a subpoena.

nextwife

BelizeBreeze said:
Of course not. But there's a difference.

The records that remain in the phone are your property to do with as you wish. The records we're talking about here belong to the phone company and are private property. Hence, the need for a subpoena.
Gotcha.

So, if his phone stores records of the phone's call history in a way he could access and print out, that is ok? Are his OWN phone records, as these are a billing matter, especially when a "family and friends" call program is in place, OK to print off his cel phone website? I would also presume his cel bill contains a record of calls made and recieved, and the minutes/billing related to each call.

Transcripts is a different matter, and I can't imagine that any cel company would HAVE transcripts of the phone calls made through them by their customers to third parties.

BelizeBreeze

nextwife said:
Gotcha.

So, if his phone stores records of the phone's call history in a way he could access and print out, that is ok?
Yep, but probably worthless in court as they could easily be challenged as non-authentic.
Are his OWN phone records, as these are a billing matter, especially when a "family and friends" call program is in place, OK to print off his cel phone website?
anything that is readily accessible to the client is fair game. However, if a separate request for certified records is made, that is not public information and must be subpoenaed.
I would also presume his cel bill contains a record of calls made and recieved, and the minutes/billing related to each call.
Sure, but worthless in court. It only shows that a call was made and for how long. NOT who made the call, who received it and what was discussed.
Transcripts is a different matter, and I can't imagine that any cel company would HAVE transcripts of the phone calls made through them by their customers to third parties.
There you go, now we have identified the problem. ;)

chris2711

nextwife said:
Gotcha.

So, if his phone stores records of the phone's call history in a way he could access and print out, that is ok? Are his OWN phone records, as these are a billing matter, especially when a "family and friends" call program is in place, OK to print off his cel phone website? I would also presume his cel bill contains a record of calls made and recieved, and the minutes/billing related to each call.

Yes, the problem is the text msg's have been deleted from the phone. And yes, I can see the number they went to and how often on my online bill information, hence the concern.

It's my understanding the text msg's just like phone calls can be transcribed. It's being done in the news with murder cases. Verizon informed me they could provide transcripts but only if I provided a subpoena or court order for them. I wish they where more like Nextel, they save your last 7 days of text messaging on your online account. ( Or so I've been told.)

I just want to know if there is a way to get a subpoena or court order for these transcripts privately and with out the other parties knowledge. This is my phone plan and it's under my SSN#. If there is nothing there, it is not worth dragging everyone through the mud.

BelizeBreeze

chris2711 said:
I just want to know if there is a way to get a subpoena or court order for these transcripts privately and with out the other parties knowledge.
Of course there is. It's called a time machine. Travel back to East Germany about 40 years in the past and contact the Stassi. They will be happy to help.
This is my phone plan and it's under my SSN#. If there is nothing there, it is not worth dragging everyone through the mud.
And again, you have a service. The records held by the service PROVIDER are private property. It does NOT belong to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">