• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Challenging an irrebuttable presumption of paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reqless607

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana
My main question is, when wanting to challenge an irrebuttable presumption of paternity, what would be considered fraud, duress or material state of fact?
I read the Montana paternity handbook and it said those things needed to be proven to argue an irresbuttable presumption and my family member wants to know exactly what that would need to be and I dont know what to tell him. Also it says it considers DNA test, how do you go about asking for paternity testing, we cant find any form for that, if he were to call child support enforcement would they give him the form?
The couple is married and seperated but during the last part of the time they were together he was at work out of state for 11months when she became pregnant with their youngest. He wanted to believe the child was, he is 6 now, and he rarely sees him. Out of the 3 children they have he is the only one the mother doesnt make visit with the father and she lets the kid call the live in boyfriend dad and recently he found emails to another guy talking about the kid being his, and other things to the same man being the childs father on public websites. Also what the "presumed" father is mainly worried about this finding this out is that the kid in question has on going health problems where the parents are questioned about their family health. Do the courts ever reverse a decision of paternity in these cases?
Well any answer to my main question would be helpful thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Reqless607

Im the aunt. I've research it and I know the law I just need those questions answered....ugh I guess advice is worth what you pay for it

Reqless607

because Im the one that has this account and he wanted to ask the question. You shouldnt answer in forums if you arent actually going to answer the question and just ask needless questions

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
because Im the one that has this account and he wanted to ask the question. You shouldnt answer in forums if you arent actually going to answer the question and just ask needless questions
The questions are NOT needless. Dad does not have proof of fraud or anything. He knew he had a chance of not being the father because they were SEPARATED during the time she conceived. He chose to ignore that. he can not now decide he wants to go back and change his mind because of a divorce. You are NO ONE in this issue however. Realize that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">