• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing a childs legal last name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaccy77

from the state of new jersey, my wife whom i am sepeated from took my children to florida a year and a half ago we are now going through visitaion in the nj courts she has informed me that she is changing my daughter's last name to hers, that she has looked into this and it is legal. i do not want this done i pay child support and have phone and mail contact with my daughters, after a year of searching for her because my wife left with no forwarding address. my last name is ryan our daughter's is ryan and hers is cook-ryan we are still married but i will be filing for divorce soon we have another daugher who was born before we were married and her last name is cook, cook is not my wife's maiden name but that of her first marriage thank you doug

[Edited by jaccy77 on 02-15-2001 at 06:14 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">