• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Minor first name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akirkman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I named my son after his father, but call him by his middle name. His father has never seen him and is a habitual criminal and I want to have his middle name changed to his first and give him a new middle name. How would I go about doing this in Tennessee? He is only 3.

Gracie3787

I named my son after his father, but call him by his middle name. His father has never seen him and is a habitual criminal and I want to have his middle name changed to his first and give him a new middle name. How would I go about doing this in Tennessee? He is only 3.
Has paternity been established?

If it has, you'll need father's permission. Do you have that?

moburkes

How long has he been a criminal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">