• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linda Conrad

I live in Alexandria, Virginia. I am a white american and caught my husband having an affair with a black waitress we knew 1-1/2 years ago. He assured me it was over in August 2003. He disappeared on Christmas Day and 2 days later I found him at his other house in Williamsburg, VA with this same black woman and a black baby. I was told by a mutual friend that this baby belonged to a white waitress who had left her white boyfriend and had a baby with a black cook at the restaurant. She gave her baby to my husband's mistress and he claims that the two of them got joint custody of this child in Fairfax County, VA about 6 months ago. The child is about 9 months old. I also understand that the white girl now wants her baby back. He has told everyone that we are not married as he tore up the marriage license (1/1/2002 in Vermont) and the paperwork was later resigned and filed in April 2002 in Berlin Vermont. He claims we are not married because of late filing. Secy of State from Vermont assures me we are indeed married. How can I find out if he truly has custody of this child as he says? Also the mistress is on Social Security Disability for a vision problem and he claims that the child had "his own insurance." I am assuming he means state aid or medicaid. How can that be since if they have joint custody his $65,000 federal government salary should be considered in this situation?

rmet4nzkx

What is your question?
If it matters:
Grounds for Divorce: Virginia

LEGAL GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE: No-Fault: (1) Living separate and apart without cohabitation for 1 year or (2) living separate and apart without cohabitation for 6 months if there are no minor children and the spouses have entered into a separation agreement. [Code of Virginia; Title 20, Section 20-91].

General: (1) Adultery (including homosexual acts); (2) abandonment; (3) conviction of a felony and imprisonment for 1 year; (4) cruelty; and (5) willful desertion. [Code of Virginia; Title 20, Section 20-91].
Tearing up your copy of a marriage license doesn't undo a marriage, are you sure the marriage certificate was filed, I believe this is done by the minister or whom ever performs the marriage.

rmet4nzkx

stealth2 said:
And what earthly relevance does anyone's race have?
Perhaps because of the baby, perhaps she quesitons if it is her husband's child?
The whole quesiton is very confusing.

ajfai

I think .................

I think she just has a problem with race period. Lady, you need to restate your question it makes no since at all.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
rmet4nzkx said:
Perhaps because of the baby, perhaps she quesitons if it is her husband's child?
The whole quesiton is very confusing.
Which it could be regardless of anyone's race. Or job title. Sorry, but I find it rather offensive. And I'm not a (gasp) waitress.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">