• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ellencee

lastname
I say again, you need to back away from the issues with the child and his parents.
Providing a good home for his visits is an excellent and appropriate thing for you to do.
The mother of this child is just that--his mother. She has the right to bake cookies for the entire stadium of onlookers if she wants to do it, and she is within her natural wants, desires, and rights as a mother to want her child to sit with her.
Her son would not be so 'afraid' of her, at your house, if you provided an environment that did not allow discussions of his mother's faults. You should encourage him to be respectful of his mother and you should encourage him to love his mother.
Legally, you have no rights and that it what I was telling you. If you don't like that law, you're not alone. However, it doesn't change things; step-parents have no rights.
You're right, I don't know about her, but what I read in your posts is that you have inserted yourself into the marriage of your husband and his ex. They got a divorce and you should, too--from their marriage.

You can read all about me if you do a search. If I could do things over, everything my ex asked for, no matter how ridiculous, I would just give him. The way I finally won was to offer to give him custody; he didn't want that because he would lose control over me.

I am a professional and I don't post all my degrees and qualifications here, but I assure you, this is the second time I've given you a high-dollar professional opinion for free--all within 24 hours. You can use these opinions to better your life or you keep on doing things the same way--that choice is yours.

Last edited:

B

BIL FOWLER

Everytime you post you do so with narrow minded tunnel visioned ignorance, eeliance, or whatever. The lady is not taking her step son to a psychologist, the ex-wife is. I , in fact , have tried to work things out with my ex. OPften asking her, just to be fair and nice to her son and she refuses. If I am such an ego freak"Mr. Perfect " as you keep redundantly claiming, then why do I keep gooing to her to ask her to help her son. Da. My guess is that you were hurt very badly by several guys and cannot accept the fact that you cannot get even. Therefore, you keep claiming everyone else is trying to. By the way My ex is not trash. She may not be very motherly, but she is not trash. I do not know about you, but the God that I try to obey, does not beleive in adultry, etc, etc,. Men and women today think that cheating and fibbing are cool things, but they are not family things and they are not ethical things. I may be wrong about you, but I am not wrong about lastname or myself, some folks love kids too much to givein to negative, greedy creatures, who intend to use children as pawns. My son ,by the way, is not a pawn to me, I do not hurt him by trying to play some self centered game , as you claim. Don't think that I do not know how narrow you must be for overlooking all of the good and simply centering on a worn out , overgeneralized concept, that does not apply to me. I could be wrong, which is more than you are willing to admit, but I doubt you kids are getting one tenth of the the positive oriented inclamation that my son is. Just a s quess, based on prejudices, founded on what you have already said eelience, or whatever. By the way are you so angry at me that you use my name here, when I did not provide premission for that usage.

L

lastname

Last Comment

You state in your comment that I "provide an environment that allows discussions about his mothers faults" is totally ludicrist. You fail to see the point in my statements and discussions. My step son comes to me and informs me of these things. When my step son talks badly about his mother, I try to remind him of the good things she does for him, i.e.: clothing, shelter, food, etc. I also state when he is bad over here towards anyone or lies, I tell him that I hope he doesnt do that at his mothers home or that I hope he doesnt treat his mother like that.

I know that the lord loves everyone and I am trying to see the good in her and it helps when I am reminded that he is not malnourished and is supplied with clothes.

You say that I need to back away from the issues with the child and his parents, but may I remind you that he is included in my life now as I am his. And I will not back away from any child who needs support, a shoulder to lean on or guidance. I am involved with my communities mentor-mentee program and I do the same with them also.

I dont understand your comment about his mother having the right to bake cookies for all the onlookers. I was attempting to get across to the gentleman I was speaking with about some of the "games" individuals play. Which means that the parent is attempting to put the child in the middle, and again not in the middle of ME, in the middle of both his parents. Remember children have a mother and a father.

I understand I have no rights and never objected to that. But my husband, the father, has rights. In fact they have a consent order and like I mentioned earlier, he is being told by the local Friend of the Court that he should go back to court to get a Parental Cooperation Order. For what, to pay more money for legal representation to get something that has already been ordered.

Not everyones situation is the same and that is what you should take into consideration when reading other peoples statements. You state that they way you finally won was to offer your ex custody and he objected because losing control over you. Well that isnt exactly how every situation is, that was yours.

I have one last question, could you please tell me why my husband should have to go into court to get a Parental Cooperation Order when he has an active Consent order? But yet the mother can go in and fabricate stories and win. One last example, she went into court and stated we had call block screening on our telephone. In order to prove this was a lie, my husband contacted our telephone provider and they supplied us with our last 18 months of bills, which clearly indicated we did not have the screening on our telephone line. Then when that was proven to be a lie in court, she then went as far as to tell another one. Which then led to us not having an answering service.

I wish you the best of luck, but please remember not all situations are the same.

ellencee

I don't read your posts and have no intention of starting now. I'm not alone in my opinion of you--you should be privy to the off-site discussions of you--I believe you would be shocked to find out no one wants you as their child's parent--at least no one in the off-site chats to which you have as yet to receive an invitation. Go watch a sports event.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lastname

Apparently you do read my posts. Nice choice of words in your reply. I see you are a woman of true class. Thanks for the advice and may you enjoy your offsite chat sessions. I will keep you in our daily prayer meetings. May you have a happy life and one day realize that you are not always right.

L

lastname

Mr. Fowler

This is for the gentlman. Again, I wish you the best of luck with your son. I dont believe I can be a part of this forum anymore, due to the vulgar language that some people believe they have the right to utilize. I don't feel that it is appropriate and I disagree with that.

We are all adults and sometimes some people don't act as so. I will continue to pray for your situation with your son during our daily prayer meetings along with the individual who has also been responding to this situation.

Thanks for the nice conversations and perhaps one day this whole situation will be behind you.

God Bless and Take Care

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">