• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child leaving Home (Texas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless you are emancipated, you cannot legally leave until you're 18. i.e. your parents CAN call the cops and report you as a runaway, the cops CAN pick you up and bring you home, the courts CAN send you to a secure facility.

At 16, you CAN file to be emancipated BUT it requires that your parents consent AND you're able to completely support yourself (i.e. not by living with a boy/girlfriend and his/her family, having roommates, collecting welfare, and so on). Basically, you have to prove to a court that you're actually mature enough to live on your own. Coming across as decently educated tends to help with that. Don't hold your breath.

snostar

zero43 said:
I haven't read all those replys i have a feeling they don't have any useful info in them anyway.
If your not going to bother reading the replies then don't bother posting!!!!!!

Just as I thought, zero stands for your IQ.

JETX

Jeeze, you can't even LIE without getting caught!!

The question you asked in your first post was: "At what age and for what reasons can a child leave home?"

When you got CORRECT answers, but didn't like them, you decided to try to LIE about your post and said "But my question was at what was the youngest age one could leave their parents home... That means legally or not and under any circumstances"

If that latter question was true.... the answer is:
"The youngest age one could leave their parents home.... legally or not, is about 18 months or so. That is when a normal child has learned to walk well enough that if someone leaves the door open, he/she can leave the parents home."

Now, don't you feel real STUPID for giving that lie to try to explain your ignorance???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">